Monday, July 18, 2016

Rugby player has part of his finger bitten off by an opponent in Argentina





Some terrible, unspeakable acts occur at the bottom of a sports pile. That now includes biting off the tip of an opponent's finger.


The incident took place in Argentina. The injured player -- Daniel Contreras -- realized a piece of his finger had been bitten off after getting up from a pile.


"I couldn't believe it," said Contreras, via La Nacion with translation from NewsTalk. "The referee asked me to leave the game so that the doctors could attend to my injury. I didn't react too much because my wife and children were there."


There is even a picture of Contreras' finger and the missing tip, which you can see here if you are so inclined.


To make matters worse, doctors were unable to reattach the tip of the finger. Contreras said he is recovering well, with doctors saying it could take three months for the finger to fully heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment